A hearty take on a classic favorite. Aunt Dru's oatmeal pancakes are sure to please the whole family!
1 cup oats
1 cup flour
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup blueberries (fresh blueberries or, if frozen, thawed and drained)
- Preheat griddle to medium-high (325 degrees or 350 degrees)
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl
- Beat eggs slightly and add eggs and buttermilk to dry ingredients
- Melt margarine and add to batter
- Stir all ingredients lightly to blend (but be careful not to over-mix)
- Gently fold in fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Oil griddle using a paper towel.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup worth of batter onto hot griddle for pancakes.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form, or until pancakes look dry around edges.
- Turn pancakes over, and cook until done.
Note from Sally May: Any leftover pancakes can be refrigerated and eaten cold the next day, with jelly or without!