According to Sally May, this is High Loper's favorite cookie recipe.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cup raisins
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar (beat together), and then add eggs and vanilla.
- Separately combine dry ingredients, then mix with creamed mixture.
- Add raisins and chocolate chips (if desired).
For Colossal Cookies
- Use ½ cup of dough per cookie.
- Spoon dough onto greased cookie sheet. Start out with two or three at a time to see how much they spread.
- To shape/flatten the cookie dough balls: lightly grease bottom of a pie pan, dip that into flour or sugar and use it to flatten each cookie into a 5 to 6 inch round circle.
- Make sure each cookie is at least 2 inches from the edge.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.